Our concrete cleaning services will cleanup your sidewalks and stairways to improve safety and appearance. Freshly cleaned concrete sidewalks might not sound glamorous, but having clients stepping on chewing gum and tracking it on to your carpets will really make a difference in how potential tenants and clients feel about your property.
Our Concrete Cleaning Service
We know how to remove the toughest stains safely and quickly. We use professional grade environmentally friendly products and waste water recovery systems to keep in compliance with The Clean Water Act and other EPA regulations. The best methods of removing chewing gum from concrete depends on the gum’s age and level of penetration into the concrete surface. If the gum was left recently and it has not penetrated the surface yet, you might be able to remove it by covering it with ice until it freezes, then scraping it off with a metal putty knife. The ice forces the gum to freeze into a workable substance compared to a warm and stringy mess. Once that happens, just slide a metal putty knife or scraper under the gum residue. As you move the scraper slowly under the gum, the entire piece should peel right off the concrete.
If you’re trying to remove chewing gum that has turned black, or is smashed down into the concrete, the best thing to use is a hot water pressure washer with the heat turned up to 200 Degrees to melt the gum. You don’t need high pressure, if you use more pressure than that you will damage the surface of the concrete!
Never use more pressure than you need to clean concrete, it can be damaged a lot easier than you think, especially if it’s only a few years old. Concrete can take up to 100 Years to cure completely, so always start out with hot water and the least amount of pressure possible to melt away the gum.
Our Chewing Gum Removal Services
To remove chewing gum from sidewalks and other surfaces we use custom designed hot water pressure washing equipment that’s shown in these photos, and special soaps and detergents that enable us to clean the surface without causing any damages.
Using special 200 degree hot water pressure washers and low pressure, we can safely remove chewing gum and surface dirt while protecting the surface. Our method will also destroy bacteria and viruses that are commonly found in gum on concrete.
By hiring PowerWashCompany.com for regular maintenance cleaning at your properties, your property will have a better appearance and your chewing gum removal problems will be over! You will also prevent damage to carpets and other flooring while making your store front more appealing to visitors.
Our Concrete Sidewalk Cleaning Process Consists Of The Following Procedures:
Using professional grade cleaners and hot water pressure washing equipment, PowerWashCompany.com will clean the concrete walkways in front of the building to remove gum, surface dirt, mold and mildew.
- Caution tape areas as needed for safety.
- Sweep and blow off all surfaces to remove trash and loose dirt
- Wet down the concrete sidewalks and all adjacent areas with water and cover plants as needed with water proof tarps.
- Pre-treat stained areas as needed with bio-degradable cleaners at 30 PSI to 40 PSI.
- Apply bio-degradable cleaners on the rest of the surfaces to be cleaned as needed.
- Clean all surfaces using flat surface cleaners at 2000 PSI to 3,000 PSI, and up to 250 degree water.
- Rinse off concrete sidewalks.
- Remove tarps, rinse down plants and surfaces adjacent to work area and perform final clean up.
Note: Some stains may not come completely clean without risking damage to the concrete, gum for example, will leave behind an oil deposit inside the concrete. PowerWashCompany.com will always attempt to remove all staining but will not risk using strong acids, hazardous chemicals or high pressure methods that may damage or stain the surfaces being cleaned.
Note: PowerWashCompany.com will not be held liable for any damage already on the surfaces, for personal property left in the area, or for leaking into the buildings from open or faulty window seals, doors, electrical fixtures, seams or cracks in the building.
Note: All pressure washing services will be done in compliance with the Federal Clean Water Act regulations by using water reclamation systems as needed, to stop water from entering the storm drains or waterways.
Note: All work will be completed in a professional manner by uniformed employees. Areas that are being cleaned will be roped off with caution tape during the process for safety.
Note: PowerWashCompany.com will use hose bibs or a water source from the building to perform the cleaning. If this is not possible please notify us so we can acquire another water supply. There will be an additional charge if we have to provide the water.
Call PowerWashCompany.com today at 301-762-9274 for concrete sidewalk cleaning services you can count on!
Training and Certifications
PowerWashCompany.com employees are some of the best trained and certified technicians in North America to ensure that “YOUR PROPERTY” is cleaned correctly and safely without causing any damages!
Benefits of hiring PowerWashCompany.com!
- Low Pressure cleaning methods that safely clean your property.
- Environmentally friendly cleaning solutions to remove stubborn stains.
- Safer equipment to prevent damages and mishaps on your property.
- Reliable on time service within a two hour time frame.
- Better quality as a result of learning the right techniques and methods so you don’t have to Baby-sit our technicians!.
- A Better Price! The training our technicians take and the systems we use increase our quality so the job can be performed faster allowing us to offer a better value.